Sunday, August 12, 2012

I continue to make positive improvements for our guests - Ontario Red Lake Fishing Report

Even with the economy being slow and revenue down I continue to make positive improvements to the camp for our cherished guests and friends. Revenue is down because the U.S. dollar is down.
My  U.S. guests won't notice because my rates are in U.S.. If I Charged in Canadian dollars like many other camps have switched to then my guests would not know until they arrive how much their visit will actually cost. I wouldn't do that to them. Even with the dollar being close right now.
But the result is that my revenue effectively dropped fifty percent within six weeks in spring of 2008.

I haven't been just sitting on my hands waiting for the economy to improve.
Here are some photos of Dave installing the tower and antenaes to increase the range and effectveness of our Marine radios and radio telephone system










We have finished our boardwalk from the kitchen/dining room past cabin 3,4,5,6,7 to my cabin.
Regardless of the economy and not having much to work with I really felt like it would be worth trying to complete this project.
I will try to get from the kitchen to cabin one done this fall.
Guest really apprciate the ease of walking and the reduction of sand into the cabins.
Unfortunately I had to spend a huge amount of money and time repairing docks this May thru July.
The ice took out pretty well all of them.
That is the first time since we started that the docks were damaged hopefully it will be the last.
I would have much prefered spending those resources on moving forward with the camp.
I bought a 24 foot boat with 230 hp motor to move people on those windy rainy days.
This will be a great addition
I also added a 90 hp motor and boat in the river to speed up transportation to the portage.
Modified our other boats to handle loads and stress better.
hauled in lumber to build new ramp  and dock system to further streamline transportation system.
When all of the improvements are fully "online" we will have significantly reduced operating costs and efficiency and reduced the amount of time it takes our guests to reach camp.
We designed an excellent bracket to strengthen our boat seats.
They are now better than the original Lund seats.
This is a very welcome addition to the fleet.
Added hydro foils to all the boats (have most of them installed)
New radios, sonar units, transducers,
In addition to the ongoing maintenance, flooring, paint, anchors, etc etc, etc .
Dave put new routers and wiring trhoughout camp to make better wifi connection in the entire camp and all cabins.
More entertainment for the kids.
Knee board, water skis, inner tube, rope etc, diving dock, water slide, zip line, swing rope into the lake  etc.
There are literally dozens of other things we've done to improve our guests experience here at Anglers Kingdom.


Still haven't finished the new dining room/ lodge.
I will continue to splug away at it.
I plan to install the windows and paint the exterior this falls.
Finishing it completely will just have to wait until revenues stabilize.
Hey gotta go fishing
talk soon
kg


No comments:

Post a Comment