Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Winter 2013 - Ontario Red Lake Fishing Report

Hello folks.
I didn't get a chance to do any posts this winter. I wasn't even able to get my usual Christmas letter out. I was trying out some new medicine recommended by the doctor from the Mayo Clinic. The pills pretty much wiped me out for December, January and February. I finally had to quit taking them in late February. My face and arms were going completly numb. I was able to visit the Mayo clinic in late November however was disappointed they didn't come up with any answers as to what is causing my pain. They suggested migraines but I've ruled out migraines years ago.  I've been taking the morphine and it takes away the pain but it obviously does nothing to the cause.
I'm going to Winnipeg in early May to have a nerve severed. Perhaps it will work. If not then I have the morphine to fall back on. I was able to function quite well with it the last half of last season. So I'm looking forward to being sort of like my old self this summer. It will make life much more enjoyable.
 Winter  has just flown by. I've been keeping up with guests contacting me for bookings however haven't been able to contact all of our guests and friends. I,m sure that many of you will be reading this.
Seanna has been very successful with her figure skating and Debra is still coaching her.  Debras former student Erice Radford is now placing second in the world.
I've been coaching Haydens hockey team. Hayden is doing very well and playing on AAA teams all over Ontario and the U.S.
We have a pretty busy season coming up. We have more guests booked for this summer than the previous 3 years. Some of the people I've talked with feel the economy is a bit more stable. Whatever the reason people are a bit more optomistic and that is always a good thing.
talk soon
kg







No comments:

Post a Comment