Saturday, October 3, 2009

SEPTEMBER 5-12








































Clay , Paul and Jeff Coleman and I had a great day.
We caught over 500 walleye and Jeff was casting for pike all day. Jeff caught his largest pike ever a beautiful 41 inch pike.
nice and thick and healthy. Paul and Clay tag teamed a nice 39 inch pike on a spinner rig.
Clay was like a poet. He came out with so many good quotes I wish I had written them all down. The best was when Clay said "I'm getting worried. I've said so many times over the past 30 years that if I ever had a day like today then I'd be ready to go. Maybe I already went."
some others that come to mind.
I've had times when we caught fish fast and furious for maybe an hour but today it's been non stop for 7 hours and never such nice size and never in 5-8 feet of water and it's september. This is by far the best day - week of fishing I've ever had or ever heard of anyone having.
Nobody is going to believe we caught over 500 fish in one day. We caught more fish today than we've caught in the past 10 years at the place we used to go.




No comments:

Post a Comment